Below you will find the Privacy and Cookies Policy for www.flamegrill.co.nz. We comply with the Information Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1993 (NZ)
What information we collect from you
In General. We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you ("personal information"), including but not limited to your first and last name, telephone number, postal and email addresses, fax number, and billing information (such as credit card number, cardholder name, and expiration date). You can choose not to provide all requested information to us, but in general, some information about you is required; ask us a question; or initiate other transactions on our site. If you do not provide all or part of the requested information, you may not be able to complete certain activities on the website.
Information from Other Sources. We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners, and other independent third-party sources and add it to our account information. Examples of information we may receive include: updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and demographic information.
Automatic Information. We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit this website. For example, we will collect your IP address, Web browser software (such as Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer), and referring website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as bookings made. Our goals in collecting this automatic information include helping customize your user experience and inhibiting fraud. For more information, please see Cookies and other technologies.
How we use your information
Email Communications. We want to make it easy for you to take advantage of opportunities on our website. One way we do this is by sending you email messages that contain information about your apparent interests. We believe these email messages will provide you with useful information about accommodation-related special offers available through our site. Please note that you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these email messages in any such email we send.
Please review " Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information" below.
With whom we share your information
We may share your information with the following entities:
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, marketing, distribution of surveys, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be offered on our website. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear, either alone or with ours. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners. Therefore, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any such business partners.
- Referring websites. If you were referred to this website from another site (for example, through a link you clicked on another site that directed you to this one), we may share some information about you with that referring website. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites’ use of your personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you here.
- Government and Law Enforcement Agencies. We may be required to disclose your personal information to law enforcement agencies and governments around the world for security, customs and immigration purposes.
We also may share your information:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims, or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company or this website, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- As otherwise permitted by Information Privacy Principle 10 (New Zealand).
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
By providing your personal information to us, you authorise us to disclose your personal information as described above.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our website receives. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
Your choices with respect to collection and use of your information
- As discussed above, you can choose not to provide us with any information, although it may be needed to book accommodation or to take advantage of certain features offered on this site.
- You also can add or update information.
Cookies and other technologies
- To help us customize the content and advertisements provided to you on this website and on other sites across the Internet. For example, when you access a page on our website, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers, or our partners to recognize your browser as you navigate on the Internet and to present you with information and advertising based on your apparent interests.
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of website features and offerings, advertisements, and email communications (by determining which emails you open and act upon).
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access many of the travel tools offered on our sites.
In addition to the above cookies, we use Local Shared Objects, also referred to as "flash cookies," on our website. These are used to enhance your user experience, for example, by storing your user preferences and settings, such as your volume/mute settings, and in connection with animated content on our website. Local Shared Objects are similar to browser cookies but can store data more complex than simple text. By themselves, they cannot do anything to or with the data on your computer. Like other cookies, they can only access personally identifiable information that you have provided on this site, and cannot be accessed by other websites.
This site may also use Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or Web bugs), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are placed in the code of a Web page. We use Web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our sites to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, and to improve site performance. We also may allow our service providers to use Web beacons to help us understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track the visitor traffic and actions on our site. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings.
How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using this website to make bookings, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information we collect about you. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may only do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
If you are visiting our website from any country outside New Zealand, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in New Zealand (where our servers are located and our central database is operated) or another country where those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy are located. The data protection and other laws of New Zealand and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that we take steps to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
How you can contact us
I found the restaurant a great location for a medium sized group, with unique, high quality and plentiful food, a terrific atmosphere and a team running...
Jim Watt, Auckland
This fantastic place never fails to please. This is a definite “must do” while in Queenstown. The food is superb! The staff are terrific. They are...
Travelbugs, Western Australia
We regularly put Flame Bar & Grill into our Clients’ conference or incentive programs as we always get rave reviews. In fact, one of the Australian...
Suzanne Baker, EventNZ Ltd